Sunday, October 28, 2007

Smooches and slip ups.

My little pudding is a little bit unhappy at the moment. D took them walking yesterday afternoon - pretty much for the first time ever without me - and my Sahara landed on a rock or some broken glass in the river and sliced half of the pad on her paw off. D bandaged her all up, and since then, she's been a little indifferent to me due to not being there to console her.
It's been strange taking a bit of a back seat to D with the dogs, since I've been sick this week he's been walking them and feeding them a little more, and there's been a massive difference in my relationship with Sahara. She doesn't snuggle up with me in the mornings as much, and doesn't crawl all over me on the couch at night for smooches. I miss her :(

Although it's kind of funny to wake up and see D tucking the dogs up in a blanket and giving Phoenix a big kiss before leaving for work. He's gone from saying Phoenix 'wasn't his type of dog' when I brought him home, to realizing how much better he works for him and enjoying his training - and now big smooches when he thinks I'm not looking :)

3 nice people barked a comment:

Melisa Wells said...

Men are so funny. My husband is the same way with Roxie. I hope to post a video on NaBloPoMo that is evidence of that.

Poor Sahara! I'm sure she's not being indifferent to you on purpose; she's just out of sorts, I'm sure.

I hope you both feel better!

WORDofRYE said...

Found your site through NaBloPoMo. I walk dogs for a living (and have several pets of my own!), so I can totally relate! Good luck in November - I look forward to reading your posts :)

WORDofRYE said...

Sorry, I'm obviously not well versed in Blogger. Didn't mean to put my URL as my display name - oops!